Dave Meyers

Senior Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator


The most challenging part of my job is the wastewater plant itself—it's a biological system with different moods during different seasons. There's a lot to learn and it takes experience. I was very lucky to get into the profession as an “operator in training” in 2004 and learn from people who had been here for a while.

Some of what I do is lead and direct plant operators overseeing hazardous material regulations and safety rules and regulations. I work with engines, pumps, sedimentation basins, aerated grit tanks, centrifuge equipment, co-generation equipment and more.

The people I work with are awesome. Top-notch from the top down. In maintenance, operations, lab, and collections, the people want to do the best they can.

When I'm not at the plant you might find me surfing, skateboarding, fishing or listening to Roots Reggae. And I'm in the process of getting rid of our front lawn. "Our" refers to my wife Amanda of 19 years and teenage sons, Elijah and Luke.