Leobardo Vierya

Parking Facilities Maintenance Assistant


I was born and raised in Watsonville and actually had never visited Santa Cruz until seven years ago when interviewing for my Public Works job that I found online.

I operate a sidewalk scrubber. The best part of this work is not being stuck in an office and encountering something new and unexpected every day.

The toughest part of my job is cleaning up some unsightly messes so it’s very gratifying when people walk by and thank me for my service.

I’m more than happy to answer any questions the public might have and welcome everyone to say "hello" if they bump into me on my route.

When not working, I enjoy hip-hop and rock music and love to eat breakfast food around the clock.

I’m also a big sports enthusiast and remain surprised that Brazil lost to Germany 1-7 in the World Cup!